The blend of silky smooth, slightly bitter chocolate with the succulent sweet flavor of fruit is a timeless blend. Not only is it elegant, but also very simple to make. You can take ordinary ingredients and make them into a sophisticated treat with little effort or time. The hardest part is choosing which fruit you loved one would like best.
Chocolate dipped fruit. You can find them at weddings, left on your pillows at night in high end resorts, and in fancy cafes. Now you will find out how to surprise those you hold most dear with these little bites of bliss. Always make sure you use gluten free chocolates. A list can be found here.
Chocolate Dipped Fruit
Blissful bites of smooth chocolate and sweet fruit.
- 24 oz. of semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces (optional: You can use a combination of semisweet, milk, and white)
- 1 pound of red and or green grapes
- 2 pints strawberries with stems, rinsed and dried
- 2 1/4 pounds of various fruits (apples, pears, peaches, blueberries, pineapple)
- Wash and dry all fruit.
- In a double boiler, heat 1 " of water over medium heat.
- Place 1 pound of semi sweet chocolate in the top half of the double boiler.
- Cover and allow to heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula stir until smooth and the temperature cools to 90 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To coat the grapes, place them in a stainless steel bowl and pour the chocolate over them.
- Use a fork to transfer the grapes to the parchment lined pans.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, until chocolate has hardened.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Repeat steps 2-6.
- One at a time, dip 1 ' of each fruit into the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into the double boiler.
- Place drenched fruit onto parchment lined pans.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2-6 using only 1/2 pound of chocolate..
- Take strawberries by the stem and dip 3/4 " - 1" into the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip into the double boiler.
- Place strawberries on the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Arrange all the dipped fruit on to a serving tray, and return to the refrigerator.
- Keep refrigerated until 10-15 minutes before serving.
- You can make with just one kind of chocolate or can mix and match. Use your creativity to show your Valentine how much you care.
BE Gluten Free https://be-gluten-free.com/